expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday 29 May 2012

blogging birthday...


It has come to my attention that it will be my blogs birthday in a couple of days. So happy birthday blog! Strangely enough as an unexpected side-effect I have made a lot of new friends through blogging many of whom I have met in person, many more I hope to meet soon.

I didn't really know what I was getting into when I started this blog of mine or how addictive and compelling it can be. I've been bitten by the photography bug and have seen my hits grow from a handful to over 20,000 a month. Lately I have even been offered gainful employ as the food writer for my local paper.

So to celebrate my blogging birthday here are some pictures of a lovely meal I had tonight at Lisloughrey Lodge - which will be reviewed in next weeks paper in my new role as a grown up food writer. Thank you little blog and a happy birthday to you.

A tiny bon-bon of  black pudding and chocolate in a sticky pomegranate vinaigrette.

A chicken liver pate 'lolly' in a nut crust with a rhubarb jelly

Turf smoked scallops - with sea vegetables.

A little soup - delicately spiced squash 

Marmalade crusted ham on a bed of pea porridge

Monk fish tail, black pudding, asparagus.

A tiny but perfect berry jelly, with an orange custard atop!

A deep chocolate tart with indian spices.

Lemon and yogurt pannacotta with an elderflower ice-cream.

19 comments:

  1. Wow, Amee, and Wow, again! Happy birthday to your blog :) Your photographs are simply stunning. Good luck with your new venture xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you kindly Colette, one of the nice friends I will be meeting very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you be writing for the advertiser? Yay! Congrats! I can't wait to be seeing your photographs every Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will! I will have one loyal reader at least then, thank you Angelica :)

      Delete
  4. Happy blog birthday my friend! I do hope we will get to meet soon, don't forget I still owe you an Indian cookery class! :-D x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks K. I have not forgotten and am looking forward to it when I get the chance - hopefully over the summer :)

      Delete
  5. Happy blog birthday! What an exciting year it's been for you and congratulations on the new gig. Stunning photos too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katryn - we are nearly as old as each other I think in blog years - are they like dog years I wonder?

      Delete
  6. Well done, Amee; it's good to see blogging bring such happy results! The meals in Lisloughrey were not a patch on your lovely photos when I was there a few years ago: time for me to go back and try them out again - see how influential you are too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huge congratulations on your blog birthday! Can't believe it's only been a year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to your blog! I am so pleased that it has lead on to bigger things for you and I imagine you will now become a great food writer and photographer for many magazines and papers. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura and certainly Jay Rayner should be quaking in his boots. Nothing can stop me now :)

      Delete
    2. Happy blog birthday, and congratulations on your new role as a food writer for the paper. Hopefully get to meet you in person some time. Well done on a great years blogging. Vicky

      Delete
  9. Amazing photos and a great blog thanks Rosemarie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those turf smoked scallops sound amazing. How smokey were they? I presume it was pretty delicate so it didn't overpower the scallop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ever so barely smokey - but with a distinctive 'peaty' smokiness and yes, they were amazing!

      Delete
  11. Can't believe I missed your birthday .... WOW - what a way to celebrate! LOVE the photos Amee. Just stunning xx

    ReplyDelete

Say hi, don't be shy!